Titebond Extend Wood Glue is a slower setting version of Titebond Original Wood Glue.
It offers superior performance in a broad range of applications, including edge and face gluing. It is particularly useful in complex operations such as curved railings and other assemblies that require more time to align. Titebond Extend develops a bond stronger than wood itself, offers excellent sandability and is unaffected by finishes. It is compatible with all common species of wood, as well as particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials.
You have longer to work with this glue (up to 15 minutes), which is useful when gluing up lamination’s or projects with multiple parts assembly.
- APPLICATION TEMPERATURE:
- Above 40°F (4°C)
- OPEN ASSEMBLY TIME:
- 15 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
- TOTAL ASSEMBLY TIME:
- 20-25 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
- MINIMUM REQUIRED SPREAD :
- Approximately 6 mils or 250 square feet per gallon
- REQUIRED CLAMPING PRESSURE:
- Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally, 30-80 psi for HPL, 100-150 psi for softwoods, 125-175 psi for medium woods and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)
- METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Easily spread with a roller spreader or brush, or may be transferred to plastic bottles for finer gluing applications.
- Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
- Titebond Extend Wood Glue is not intended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. For exterior applications use Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue.
- Not for structural of load bearing applications.
- Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 40°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. If product appears to have settled, stir to ensure uniformity. It is recommended that Titebond Extend Wood Glue not be stored for extended periods at temperatures lower than 40°F.
- STIR PRODUCT BEFORE USE TO ENSURE UNIFORMITY.
- KEEP FROM FREEZING.